Administrative Assistant- Talent Pool
CNL is initiating an Administrative Assistant Talent Pool.
This Talent Pool posting will remain open for a period of 3-4 weeks, at which time interested candidates will be invited to submit their resume and cover letter for consideration. Qualified applicants will be contacted to participate in the selection process.
Candidates who are successful in the selection process will be placed in a Talent Pool. As vacancies for Administrative Assistants arise, candidates will be contacted to join CNL.
Note: The number of positions to be filled has not been identified at this time. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming opportunities within the next twelve months following the closing date of the job ad posting.
At this time, CNL would like to welcome applicants to submit their application for the Talent Pool. Please apply no later than 6:00pm October 3rd, 2021
- Acts as the Department’s main contact to answer questions, obtain and provide information to stakeholders within and outside the organization ensuring timely and accurate response.
- Organizes, prioritizes, assembles, edits and formats technical reports and other documents, to make them consistent, accurate and valuable; expedites these, when required, to customers before the established deadlines.
- Provides assistance to the staff within the Department with composing, formatting and issuing of correspondence to provide outgoing documents and maintain a high quality corporate image.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Manager and oversees the Department office operations e.g. coordinate conference room bookings, takes notes at meetings, catering arrangements, and maintenance of housekeeping to ensure a smooth workflow and safe working environment.
- Maintains hard and electronic copy filing systems and ensures efficient document storage and retrieval.
- Makes travel arrangements for Department employees including flights, hotel and rental car reservations, coordinating destination information to ensure smooth travel.
- Ensures adequate supplies of office materials by ordering stocks and purchasing other standard items as requested. Preparing requisitions for quotes and/or purchase orders.
- Obtains data, queries anomalies, and prepares reports in support for the Department Manager and staff.
- Tracks financial data such as expenses against budget, and reports on variances as per given guidelines.
- Maintains action logs and performs action tracking duties as required to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Provides back up for colleagues in similar administrative roles in the Department as required.
- Oversees the work of and trains junior, new and casual administrative staff in the Department to ensure continuity and consistency of work.
- Participates in internal and inter-Departmental initiatives to improve work processes, policies and procedures.
- Supports the manager to ensure that policies, procedures, and processes are applied rigorously and consistently across the Department.
- Successful completion of secondary school (Grade 12) with 2 to 4 years of related experience or college diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Office Administration) and one year experience.
- Knowledge of administrative-based theories, concepts and principles used to provide administrative support to a Department manager and knowledge of computers and software such as Office 2007 and Adobe to be able to develop customized charts, reports, presentations and technical documents.
- Oral and written communication skills are essential to deliver oral presentations at regular Department meetings as well as to communicate effectively with all staff, levels of management and external contractors.
- Capability of working independently in an environment of rapidly changing and conflicting priorities using prioritization and planning skills to meet established deadlines.
- Knowledge of administrative best practices, and current standards in order to help ensure that policies, procedures and processes are followed and the Department is compliant.
- Knowledge of Web-based applications used to properly assess and review financial information as required.
- Understanding of basic financial/accounting practices in order to provide administrative assistance pertaining to budget issues.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as printers, fax machines, photocopiers and scanners.
CNL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.