We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• Implement the day to day operations of the program. This includes but is not limited to: recreational games and crafts, outings and other scheduled events for youth
• Supervise, interact with and support all youth at programs
• Attend staff training/orientation and meetings when required
• Interact with parents of the youth
• Set up and clean up of various activity stations or program areas
• Uphold health and safety regulations
• Work cooperatively with the Youth Director, staff and volunteers in all aspects of the program
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Possess leadership qualities, be organized, hardworking, dedicated and creative
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent time management skills
• Exceptional customer service skills, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• 2 plus years working with youth
• Works well independently as well as team member
• Upon being hired must provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening, complete The Salvation Army’s Statement of Applicant for Work with Children form and complete the Armatus Abuse Risk Management online training before camp begins
• Must have Standard First Aid and CPR
• Able to follow direction and ask for clarification and assistance when needed
HOURS: Approximately 6 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.