TOWN OF PETAWAWA
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Summer Employment Opportunity
Title: Community Ambassador (Parks Programming)
Status: Summer Employment Position
Wage: $14.00 per hour
Work Term: 40 hours per week (June 11th, 2018 – August 26th, 2018) (11 weeks)
Position will require Weekday, Weekend and Evening shifts (flexible schedule)
The Town of Petawawa Parks and Recreation Department is looking for a responsible, enthusiastic and outgoing
Community Ambassador for our summer community parks programming initiative. The Community
Ambassador will be responsible for the design and implementation of the weekly outdoor programs for
children and families in the Towns local neighbourhood parks. The Community Ambassador role is to provide
participants with a fun, safe and educational experience. The Community Ambassador will support and
maintain a positive relationship with staff, children, parents and all participants alike.
· Plan, organize, supervise and be actively involved in the operation and delivery of weekly and bi-weekly
community park programs.
· Design and implement new community based programs and events for the public.
· Recognize and respond to scenarios and needs of participants on an ongoing basis
· Create a fun, inclusive and safe environment for all participants, children and adults alike
· Assist with Town of Petawawa community special events throughout the course of the summer.
· Ensure interactions are appropriate, suitable and nondiscriminatory
· Other duties as assigned
Required skills and knowledge:
· High energy, excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
· A keen interest and ability to work with children and families, provide outdoor related programs and support
children’s and family interests
· Experience teaching or working with children and families in a community setting.
· Able to work independently and initiate planned programs in a public setting.
· Strong communication, strong time-management skills and a strong sense of self-motivation
· Experience working with children, adults, families and the general public
· Candidates with education in Recreation or related field will be given priority
· Candidates must be currently certified in First Aid/Level C CPR Certifications
· Requires a Vulnerable Screening Check
· Candidates should be prepared for physically demanding job (very active job)
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to apply is April 6, 2018.
Related Jobs (93)
- Coordinator, Construction Services (Mechancial) on March 5, 2021
- Coordonnateur, Services de construction (mécanique) on March 5, 2021 Permanent