Located in Eastern Ontario, approximately 100 km northwest of Ottawa, the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board operates a Catholic school system for approximately 4,580 students with a deep commitment to faith and faith development, in a vibrant educational environment. The RCCDSB has 21 schools (18 Elementary, 2 Secondary school and 1 K-8 Virtual School) in 13 communities in which the majorities are rural. The Board is composed of both unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Educational Services, the Applied Behaviour Analysis Specialist will take a lead role, along another ABA Specialist, in coordinating and supporting the efforts of multi-disciplinary school teams in providing consultation, training, and resource development.
RESPONSIBILITIES: In coordination with our community partners, the ABA Specialist will provide ongoing system wide professional development for elementary and secondary school staff through the coordination of in-service opportunities to extend awareness and use of effective ABA strategies to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other as required. The ABA Specialist will provide behavioral consultation and/or assessment regarding behavioral strategies and interventions at the school level for individual students. S/he is responsible for ensuring appropriate supports and resources are in place to support behavioral programming for students with ASD while they are at school. The ABA Specialist will supervise and direct ABA-EA’s within their role in the schools. The ABA Specialist will represent the Board with community partners and the Ministry.
- Formal post-secondary education (degree);
- Post-graduate studies or equivalent field experience in Behavioural Science, Education, or Psychology
- 3-5 years clinical experience
- Board Certified Board Analyst (or working towards)
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with professionals and students with special education needs, in particular Autism Spectrum Disorder;
- Proven Behavioural Management experience with children/youth with ASD;
- BMS Certificate
- Demonstrated ability/experience working within a consultative model;
- Proficiency in planning and delivering Adult Education and training;
- Knowledge of the elementary and secondary education system in Ontario;
- Competencies in the development, delivery and evaluation of training programs and strategies;
- Successful experience working collaboratively with community partners;
- Superior interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
- Excellent organizational and coordinating skills;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered.
It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Related Jobs (64)
- Meat Cutter on January 19, 2021
- Front Store Manager on January 19, 2021
- radiation surveyor on January 19, 2021
- food service supervisor on January 19, 2021
- Enseignants suppléants à court terme on January 19, 2021
- AM Sorter / Trieur AM on January 19, 2021
- Cement Truck Driver on January 19, 2021
- Overnight Cleaner on January 18, 2021
- Social Media Manager on January 18, 2021
- Medical Receptionist on January 18, 2021