Valley Window and Door – Pembroke, ON
|Valley Window and Door and Postech Pembroke , specializes in window and door installation. We offer a full range of products and services for new home builds and renovations, as well as institutional and commercial construction projects and postech thermal pile installation.|
We were established in 1985 in Pembroke, Ontario. Valley Window and Door provides exceptional products, quality and workmanship throughout Renfrew County.
We are searching for a FULL-TIME BOOKKEEPER to join our fast paced and diversified locally owned growing company.
The bookkeeper is responsible for the financial transactions & office administration of the business.
- Responsible for full-cycle accounting with accounts payables & accounts receivables, payroll, and government & WSIB remittances.
- Liaisons with operations and management regarding A/P and A/R and resolving issues as required.
- Creates and inputs GL entries and reconciles and balances GL accounts on a weekly/ monthly basis according to company policies and procedures.
- Performs intercompany reconciliations.
- Maintains filing systems for all financial documents and invoices.
- Preparation of financial reports and year end working file for accountants.
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, ordering supplies, mail distribution, facilitate repairs/maintenance.
- Onsite sales/show room coverage.
- Reception coverage
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Post-secondary, accounting diploma/ certificate
- Minimum 5 year progressive experience in an office accounting environment.
- Minimum 5 year experience using Sage 50 with payroll.
- Sound knowledge in Construction techniques and principals.
- Excel and Word computer skills is a must.
- Team orientated with open communication style.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to successfully manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative.
- Bilingual, would be an asset
- Experience in sales, would be an asset
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Progressive work environment
- Work for the industry leader
- Full time work
- Opportunity to grow
Apply by July 12, 2017, via email in PDF
Please state in your cover letter why you would like to become a part of the Valley Window and Door team.
Job Type: Full-time