The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides administrative support as required, coordinates internal and external communication and completes other office duties as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete correspondence including letter writing and text editing.
- Prepare reports and documents as requested.
- Handle, screen and redirect incoming phone calls.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and couriers.
- Develop and maintain mailing lists and databases.
- Maintain confidential human resource files; complete Letters of Offer and other human resources correspondence as requested.
- Arrange appointments and meetings.
- Provide ongoing support to external business associates and clients as directed; maintain confidential business files.
- Transcribe and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide coverage for other Administrative positions as required.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Minimum – Secondary School Diploma; completion of an Administrative Assistant training program is preferred.
A minimum of two years previous experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional customer relations and teamwork skills; proficiency in Windows applications, database management, e-mail and the internet; administrative or executive level writing skills; demonstrated ability to establish priorities, handle multiple tasks and work independently and as a team member; strong commitment to continual learning; fluency in written and spoken English as well as French in Branch Offices that provide service to French speaking clients.
Internal candidates must have a proven ability to complete administrative tasks, deal with customers and have consistently shown above average initiative. Successful candidates must complete a three month probationary period specific to the position.
Related Jobs (71)
- Cross Country Ski Attendant – CFMWS on December 1, 2020
- Special Education Teacher Assistants on December 1, 2020
- Front of House Team Member on December 1, 2020
- Support Staff on December 1, 2020
- housekeeping room attendant on December 1, 2020
- live-in caregiver – persons with disabilities on December 1, 2020
- Sales Representative on November 30, 2020