Department: Decentralized Departments
Accountability: Reporting to the Department Supervisor
Location: Pembroke, ON
Contract Length: 6 Months
Family & Children’s Services of Renfrew County is a multi-service agency committed to providing preventative, protective and socially inclusive services and programming that empower and strengthen everyone. We are focused on cultivating a team-oriented work environment where everyone thrives. Our goal is to develop and strengthen collaborative partnerships to increase availability, accessibility and quality of care to our communities.
Our agency commitments include: moving forward Anti-Oppressive Practice, French Language Services and working alongside our Indigenous Communities.
This unionized position will provide administrative support to assigned workers and supervisors and reception coverage for the Pembroke office. This position plays a vital role in the first impression of the agency, as well as the behind the scenes workings of the agency.
DUTIES PERFORMED BY AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ON A REGULAR BASIS:
- Providing reception services for Renfrew office, which would include processing incoming calls, receiving clients, and processing mail, fax and other deliveries.
- Daily duties would include processing incoming calls, receiving clients, processing mail, fax and other deliveries and updating the Night Duty kit.
- Attend, as required, Agency committee meetings and external committee meetings.
- Co-ordinate and maintain bookings for interview rooms, board rooms, agency cell phone and agency car seats.
- Maintaining orderliness in waiting area and interview rooms as well as maintain snack and toy chest for children who visit this office.
- Administrative support for the assigned workers
- Administrative support for staff including processing agency correspondence.
- Produce audit reports for assigned departments. Gather and analyze data and report outcomes.
- Provide technical support and help desk functions for clinical staff.
- Provide overload and back-up coverage for admin team members as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Attend, as required, team meetings and all-staff meetings.
· Complete accurate and timely preparation of case documentation as per agency standards.
· Adhere to all FCSRC policies and procedures, Ministry Regulations, Standards, Directives and relevant legislation.
· Responsible for the completion of other related tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deliver consistent, professional reception services to clients, community members and staff.
- Above average administrative skills and excellent public relations skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge and technical efficiency with the ability to learn new applications and then assist (help desk) staff.
- Above average accuracy, respect for data integrity and a responsibility for quality assurance.
- Well-developed organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Respect for confidentiality and professionalism within a multi-service organization with an ability to be objective regarding case material.
- Ability to work in a team environment with competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of agency policies, procedures and equipment.
· Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to travel and provide own transportation
· Ability to identify systemic barriers to equity and anti-oppressive practices and apply this lens to your work with FCSRC.
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of the culture, history and current oppressions experienced by marginalized groups.
· Ability to understand and apply anti-colonial, anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-cisgenderist, anti-ageist, anti-classist, anti-heterosexist lenses to social problems.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and implement evidence-based research into practice
· Understanding of the CYFSA, Signs of Safety, Anti-Oppressive Practice and Strength-Based approach
· Demonstrated use of Signs of Safety Model (principles, philosophy, tools)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of an Administration, Business or Computer Science Program.
· French Language skills Required
· Normal office working condition apply
· Ability to travel and work out of different offices within Renfrew County
As Per Collective Agreement
Application Deadline: 2021-01-22
Job Type: Contract
Salary: From $38,934.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Required)