The Automotive Parts Associate works in a fast-paced automotive environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person and over the phone, with the use of a computerized automotive parts look-up system. The role also involves interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems and a responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor.
· Provides excellent customer service and ensures an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
· Directs or guides customer to the location of requested items.
· Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
· Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
· Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire”).
· Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
· Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
· Keeps up to date on in-store promotions, in-store deals, auto center specials and product locations.
· Sources and orders automotive parts for customers though authorized suppliers.
· Follows established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to customers and the Service Department.
· Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
· Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
· Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
· Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
· Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
· Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
· Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
· Locates products in the warehouse.
· Operates computer and RF gun, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
· Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Complies with company, store, department, and Automotive Service Centre policies.
· Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
· Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive: 1 year