Parts Manager works in a fast-paced environment and supports Automotive Licensed Technicians through back parts as well as walk in customers in locating and providing the right parts for auto repairs. This role involves a responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor and encourages sales by ensuring proper stock levels within the departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develops and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Oversees the sourcing and ordering of automotive parts, shop supplies and products through authorized suppliers.
- Trains staff to suggest value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis and works with staff to assign tasks and follow up.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Verifies accuracy of all outside orders by matching product descriptions to product numbers.
- Restocks parts and tire areas with stock received.
- Tests and fills batteries. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
- Liaises with Automotive Service Centre staff to ensure estimates are accurate and professionally formatted.
- Maintains housekeeping standards of work stations and inventory area and in service reception/work area.
- Stocks shelves in storage display areas.
- Secures, warehouse area, parts and tire inventory from unauthorized persons.
- Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
- Records lost sales.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store, department and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Can multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Detail-oriented individual who completes tasks according to instructions and demonstrates responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Medical Benefits available after 6 months, Automatically enrolled after 1 year in the Profit Sharing program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Parts: 1 year