The primary purpose of the Service Manager is to lead the auto service team in providing the ultimate customer experience in auto service and repairs by building customer trust and loyalty through high quality workmanship and professional and knowledgeable counter staff. The Service Manager works collaboratively with the Associate Dealer to establish sales objectives, cost controls and strategies for growth and profitability in the Auto Service Centre.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develops and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
· Reviews and implements Service Centre policies and procedures that improve the Customer Experience through high quality repairs and building customer relationships.
· Develops and implements a longer-term strategy and action plan to attract and retain customers.
· Coaches team members to provide excellent customer service.
· Holds others accountable for providing excellent customer service.
· Leads by example and consistently displays excellent customer service.
· Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds accountable an Auto Service team that will meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability.
· Improves sales and profitability for the Service Centre.
· Monitors the operating budget by tracking sales and expenses.
· Keeps abreast of best practices and key factors impacting the Service Centre business and takes action to align Service Centre initiatives accordingly.
· Maintains quality workmanship through monitoring uniformed inspection guidelines.
· Maintains service department presentation through daily inspections.
· Monitors and improves the productivity of the team through strong leadership, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
· Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects while considering team skill levels, customer wait times and the availability of parts and equipment.
· Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
· Promotes service safety and security procedures.
· Implements training structure and professional development strategy within the Service Centre.
· Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors, as required.
· Provides support in regard to warranties, returns and guarantees related to auto customer service.
· Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings and actively participates in management meetings.
· Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
· Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
· Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
· Valid driver’s licence for province of employment.
· Management experience in a customer service-oriented industry.
· Management experience in the auto service industry is an asset.
Medical benefits available after 6 months, Profit Sharing automatic for all staff after 1 year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pembroke, ON
- Automotive: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- G Drivers License