Petawawa Employment Service
Walker’s Capital Group is hiring!
DEEP RIVER/PEMBROKE/PETAWA, ON – AZ Driver or DZ Driver – LEVEL 2 —Experienced household goods mover (more than two (2) years in the industry) and three (3) or more years as a commercial driver.
Drivers, will typically act as the crew lead when providing moving services, unless other designations have been made by Operations Supervisor.
To this end, Drivers will usually manage the paperwork for the orders, introduce themselves and their crew members to the customers, act as a the point of contact for the customer, assign crew members their duties while on a job site, participate in job site walk-throughs with the customer at both the start and end of the service to ensure (1) the scope of work is understood, and (2) the service has been fully completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
Driver responsibilities and duties also include:
- Protection of the residence/job site upon arrival (e.g. floor runners, padding banisters, etc.)
- Management of the inventorying of all goods
- Preparation of all goods for safe and secure transport
- Proper loading and arrangement of goods on the truck
- Movement of goods out of and into residence/office
- Loading and unloading of goods onto and off of truck
- Ensuring all Safety Procedures are followed before, during and at close of service, by all members of the crew, and that each is in compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance—lights, fuses, fluids
- Perform thorough pre and post-trip inspections of vehicle and equipment for safety and fitness
- Communication to Operations Supervisor of any safety or maintenance needs in regard to their assigned vehicle
- Operate Company vehicles in accordance with local laws and all relevant Company policies and procedures.
Valid AZ or DZ licence required.
Clean Driver’s Abstract and CVOR required.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal record background check (CPIC) required upon offer of employment.