Bilingual Early Childhood Specialist (RECE)
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC)
Petawawa, Ontario (located in Eastern Ontario, 170 kilometers northwest of Ottawa)
Term: Indefinite (Part –Time)
Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Closing Date: June 28, 2017 at 12pm, interviews to be held on July 10, 2017
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is an incorporated, not-for-profit agency whose programs are designed to
enhance the quality of life for military families. Our staff members are always there to assist Canadian Forces members and their families.
You can learn more about us at https://www.cafconnection.ca/Petawawa
The Early Childhood Specialist reports to the South Side Casual Care Supervisor and is responsible to provide onsite instructional activities
and quality programming that promotes positive parenting, healthy infant and children development to support family cohesion whilst
providing the optimal development of infants and children’s activities (0-6). Direct interaction with the children in all areas of the program
and its activities is required. The Early Childhood Specialist creates and leads a supportive, nurturing learning environment that
encourages motivation for the children and their parents.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent; and
- Registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education;
The Early Childhood Specialist will possess the following:
- Create and maintain a positive, cooperative team environment with the Children’s Services Team;
- Meet and/or exceed minimum requirements as set out in the Parameters for Practice and ensure program goals are being met;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- Ensure the delivery of a quality program that provides a positive educational environment to enhance the social, emotional physical and cognitive growth of each participant;
- Establish a positive relationship with both the children and the parents; understanding, recognizing and supporting differing family lifestyles;
- Perform light housekeeping duties;
- Ensure the facility and all equipment and toys are kept in good repair and disinfected on a regular basis;
- Facilitate a wide variety of early childhood programming with special activities both structured and unstructured;
- Be responsive to meeting the needs of the community based on participant feedback and community needs, incollaboration with the PHDC / South Side Casual Care Supervisor;
- Involve and work with volunteers in all areas of the Early Childhood program and services; and
- Ensure the four foundations of well-being, engagement, expression and belonging are the basis of the program using “How does Learning Happen?” Ontario’s pedagogy for the early years.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit your resume with cover letter in a word or PDF format, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Please include your daytime contact number and email address.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
PMFRC – HR Generalist
10-16 Regalbuto Ave., Petawawa ON K8H 1L3
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check (current within 6 months) and a vulnerable sector screening. By applying to the PMFRC, you authorize us to store your information in order to contact you about future opportunities within 6 months.
Related Jobs (1)
- Enseignants suppléants à court terme on January 19, 2021