: ON-Eastern Ontario-Pembroke
As a Branch Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and assisting your employees, applying the Bank’s strategic vision, and ensuring the professional development of your team. You will play a key role by ensuring the smooth functioning of your branch, listening to your employees and coaching them on a day-to-day basis.
This position reports to a Regional Vice-President and is located in Pembroke.
In your role, you will be expected to:
- Meet the branch’s expected financial contribution (based on the regional business plan) by presenting it to your team and identifying the expected behaviours and activities
- Provide personalized coaching to Advisors, as well as the customer service and business development support teams, to help them develop their skills and progress in their careers
- Oversee the hiring, development and performance management of your team
- Motivate your team to ensure a superior client experience
- Ensure that members of your team apply and adhere to the established rules of engagement regarding client segmentation, referrals, transactions, risk management, regulatory compliance and branch procedures
- Act as a Business Unit Compliance Officer (BCO) to supervise all Mutual Fund Representatives (MFRs) assigned to the unit and ensure that all transactions comply with suitability and compliance rules
- Build lasting relationships with branch clients through various acquisition and retention activities
- Handle complaints and provide branch employees with the necessary support to ensure that complaint resolution results in improved client satisfaction
- Optimize the quality of service offered to small businesses by assigning Advisors based on the branch’s market potential
- Act as an ambassador for the Bank within the local community and build profitable relationships with primary business partners
- Manage transactional activities as necessary
- Based on your academic background, at least 3 to 8 years’ experience in managing and coaching a business development team and in business development in the financial industry:
- College diploma and 8 years’ experience
- University certificate and 7 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance option, and 5 years’ experience
- Master’s degree and 3 years’ experience
- Mutual fund representative (MFR) licence
- Be a Business Unit Compliance Officer (BCO) or become one within 3 to 6 months of hiring
- French (spoken and written), English, an asset
We strive to be an inclusive organization where all employees are valued. National Bank stands out for its many initiatives to promote inclusion, making it a Canada-wide leader in diversity.
See how we do it: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Particular condition (external): The selected candidates will have to complete online tests during the recruitment process. As part of his duties, the candidate will have to carry out networking activities and will be required to travel to meet clients.
Number of Openings
: Oct 2, 2017
: Oct 24, 2017
Work Postal Code: K8A 5M