As a Brush Cutter, you will play a critical role in supporting our client by ensuring service lines are clear and safe to operate year-round. In this you will support your team including both setup and takedown of various sites. This role will require frequent travel and overnight stays.
- Brush cutting using Chainsaw or Brushsaw.
- Groundwork support for trimming operations.
- Chipper operation and loading brush.
- Assist the Foreperson in job-site setup, debris removal, cleanup and equipment maintenance.
- Abide by Davey and Industry safety policies and procedures.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement is considered an asset.
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified arborist.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Previous landscape/horticulture experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
- First Aid Certification an asset
- Mostly rural locations.
- Daily Per Diem.
- Hotel expenses covered while on assignment.
- Shifts vary based on scope and location however can include requirements for turnaround.
- Overtime required.
- Full time. Year-round employment.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent Benefits package, RRSP and careers advancement opportunities.
- Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
- Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Davey provides ongoing training.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited has been performing tree care and vegetation management services across Canada since 1930. With over 850 employees, we continuously pride ourselves on unmatched quality and safety. Davey Tree has numerous crews that are professionally trained to provide tree trimming and removal services to ensure the scope of this contracted work is completed safely, and well before any deadlines. Our relatable experiences and industries serviced include notably Utilities, Municipalities, Government, Rail, Commercial and Residential.
Divisional Overview – Utility and Rail
We provide utilities, rail and road transport with safe and efficient right of way clearance services. Clients rely on us for timely resource mobilization during severe weather events and proactive planning services, such as system hardening and storm restorations.
Due to the nature of our work, a valid Police Record Check is required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, provincial law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent