|The City of Pembroke is currently recruiting for a full-time Capital Works Coordinator.|
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Capital Works Coordinator will efficiently organize, coordinate and supervise all activities pertaining to the implementation of capital projects and other programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the project coordinator for major capital construction projects, from procurement, through design, to project completion.
- Coordinate and implement in-house capital construction projects.
- Liaise with consultants, contractors, other Government agencies, to ensure adherence to applicable regulations and legislation related to capital construction contracts.
- Assist in the implementation of minor capital projects specific to sections. Liaise with contractors, utilities and other departmental sections, working collaboratively with other Section Supervisors to achieve common goals of the Department and the City.
- Prepare, organize and maintain engineering field and office data, reports and systems. Assist in preparation of necessary reports for management, Council and senior government.
- Work collaboratively with section Supervisors to resolve issues relating to infrastructure maintenance and operation and planning for capital improvement, providing technical support to other sections or Departments as required.
- Develop requests for proposals and tenders for the various works of the Department.
- Support the administration and implementation of other departmental programs.
- Assist in the development of a Multi Year Capital Construction Forecast (MYCCF) showing planned capital improvements approved at the staff level.
- Assist in the development of recommendations on costs, strategic planning, capital expenditures and designs.
- Assist in developing and managing the annual Capital Budget.
- Prepare submissions for funding for infrastructure funding programs.
- Working collaboratively with the Treasury Department and manage departmental compliance with PSAB requirements.
- Coordinate GIS data collection with all Supervisors, ensuring database integrity.
- Implement asset management, maintenance management systems and tools that are compatible with City of Pembroke systems.
- Ensure that due diligence is carried out in all areas of risk management and safety training; reports and follow-up on all incidents, accidents, property damage and theft, ensuring that the work practices conform to relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Visit work sites to monitor, evaluate, troubleshoot and assess efficiency. Supervise employees, students, consultants and contractors as required.
- Respond to inquiries/complaints and carry-out remedy and/or prepare proposal on solutions with a focus on service to the Public.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Department within scope of responsibility and in accordance with the established procurement policy.
- On a rotating basis, act as a Standby Supervisor on off hours.
- Prepare reports on new methods and procedures designed to improve operations and minimize costs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A post secondary diploma or degree in Civil Engineering (or an equivalent combination of education, qualifications and experience.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and GIS applications.
- Familiarity in the use of ACAD and other engineering design/drawing software.
- Minimum of four years related operations, technical and maintenance experience, with two years of responsible supervisory experience preferably in a unionized environment.
- Project Management experience in the field of civil infrastructure renewal and Capital construction.
- Solutions oriented and equipped with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence with reliable vehicle for use on City business.
The successful applicant will be solutions oriented and equipped with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) will be considered an asset.
|Salary Range: $63,582 to $78,209 annually plus full benefits package.|
Hours of work: 2080 hours annually (40 hours a week) plus overtime as required in support of operational requirements.
Applicants are invited to submit in confidence a detailed cover letter and resume via email, mail or fax by 4:00 on Friday October 13th, 2017.
The City of Pembroke is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. During the recruiting process, accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information submitted will be used for the sole purpose of this competition. It is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, RSO 2001, and will be used in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for employment purposes.