As a member of the store’s Management Team, the Cashier Supervisor helps create an enjoyable customer shopping experience by ensuring that the checkout and customer service areas operates efficiently with friendly and informed staff. Cashier scheduling and monitoring customer traffic flow at the front of the store are key aspects of this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Holds team members accountable for providing excellent customer service and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Implements and follows store policies and procedures that prioritize customers, provide high quality service and improve customer satisfaction.
- Works actively with the Management Team to improve the level of customer service.
- Is visible and available to employees and customers.
- Coaches team members on how to display appropriate customer service behaviors.
- Leads by example and consistently displays excellent customer service.
- Maintains quality department presentation, through daily inspections of cashier and customer service representative area and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department (number of holes, labels, facing, clean, etc.).
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the cashier and customer service representative team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Maintains cashier supplies and equipment.
- Plans and manages daily/weekly departmental activities and works with team to execute them.
- Ensures department is appropriately staffed through effective planning and scheduling and according to store budget and customer needs.
- Verifies cashier balances.
- Provides staff support through effective supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and security procedures and ensures team member compliance with those procedures.
- Participates in training and ensures team member training is completed on time, as required (including Canadian Tire University training).
- Assists in selecting and orientating new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Coaches and encourages team members in learning new retail operational processes and procedures and new skills in order to improve performance. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
- Addresses issues and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings and actively participates in Management meetings.
- Completes other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team’s activities and projects.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (e.g., probing, listening, etc.) and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
- Ability to assist in leading and managing others to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and coach others.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
medical benefits offered after 6 months of employment
Automatically enrolled in Profit Sharing after 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- Cash handling and front end: 4 years