1108 PEMBROKE STREET EAST, PEMBROKE, ON, K8A 7R4
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Walmart Canada was established in 1994 through the acquisition of the Woolco chain and has grown to more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers every day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, walmart.ca is visited by 600,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked as one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands.
A Cashier scans and bags customer purchases, processing various forms of payment for goods and services, and promotes signing up and use of the Wal-Mart MasterCard.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. • Greeting all Customers with a warm, friendly smile. • Ensuring each Customer receives a friendly, accurate and professional service. • Following the “One Best Way” standards of practice. • Operating a cash register by scanning items across an electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of the Customer’s purchase, tax, and rebates on the monitor screen. • Assisting Customers with the bagging and loading of their merchandise. • Informing all customers about the Wal-Mart Rewards MasterCard and processing applications. • Promoting company sponsor programs, i.e., credit card service, product protection and charity initiatives, when applicable. • Moving to the outside/front of the register, when possible, to greet the next Customer. • Accepting all forms of Customer payment according to company guidelines. • Correctly counting back change to the Customer to prevent cash overages and shortages. • Making change, cashing cheques, and issuing receipts to Customers. • Scanning merchandise quickly and accurately. • Achieving the “Item Per Hour” goal. • Achieving the “Scanning” Percentage goal. Additional Responsibilities • Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures. • Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Canada Walmart Division
Retail Store Associates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mathematical Skills • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. • Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. • Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills • Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. • The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand. • The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.). • The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. • The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat. • The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions. • The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
SA: 07:00am – 10:00pm
SU: 07:00am – 10:00pm
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Related Jobs (9)
- Warehouse/Counter Associate on October 22, 2020
- Cashier – Laurentian Square on October 21, 2020
- Seasonal Customer Service Representative – Pembroke, Petawawa on October 20, 2020 Part Time
- Customer Service Representative on October 16, 2020
- Part-time Crew Member on September 14, 2020
- Order Fulfillment Associate – Laurentian Square on October 14, 2020