Petawawa Employment Service
Become part of something bigger at Sport Chek. Share your passion and experience and help inspire others to be their best. Explore and learn, become your personal best and feel the satisfaction of making a difference. Become connected, to a community of people all working towards the same goal.
Bring us your enthusiasm, your energy, and your commitment. Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active, healthy lives.
As a Cashier, you are the first and last point of contact for our customers. You are the first person that customers see when entering the store and the last person customers will remember when exiting. It’s your responsibility to leave a lasting positive impression.
Who you are.
Well, for starters, you live an active, healthy life. You’re friendly, energetic, and enjoy talking to people. Whether you’re handling a return or making a sale, you demonstrate a “no problem” attitude when dealing with customers and do everything possible to make sure the customer shopping experience is a positive one. You are responsible for delivering excellent service to every customer.
What you’ll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Hands-on training
What you bring.
- Currently active in sports and activity
- Passion for active, healthy living
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Previous customer service experience and/or cash handling experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to connect with customers through sports and activities
- Current enrollment or completion of high school
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of people’s lifestyles, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailers, with over 400 stores from coast-to-coast.
Inspiring Canadians to live healthy, active lives. The inspiration begins with you.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees – their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Related Jobs (81)
- Registered Nurse on April 18, 2019
- Registered Practial Nurse on April 18, 2019
- Asset Management Coordinator on April 18, 2019
- Labourer on April 18, 2019
- BBQ Assembler – Pembroke, ON on April 18, 2019
- Line Cook/Prep Cook on April 18, 2019
- Clerk/Cashier (Disclosure) #19-51 on April 18, 2019
- Integration Coordinator (#19-52) on April 18, 2019
- General Maintenance Worker on April 18, 2019
- Food and Beverage Server on April 17, 2019