Under the direction and supervision of a Teacher, the Education Assistant will:
1. Assist in developing and implementing and education program in an integrated setting, emphasizing behaviour management, socialization skills, developmental communication sills, self-help skills;
2. Participate in program planning in close co-operation with the home setting and school;
3. Participate in assessment and treatment planning;
4. Maintain accurate daily records;
5. Provide supervision as assigned; and
6. Other related duties.
- 2 or 3 year Community College Diploma in Education Assistant, Autism and Behaviour Management, Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker Program, Early Childhood Education or Social Services
- Candidates must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position.
NATURE OF WORK:
- hourly, on-call work – up to 7 hours per day, Monday – Friday
- eligibility to apply for permanent, advertised positions
As we are currently experiencing a significant shortage of educational assistants, individuals willing to accept assignments throughout Renfrew County, can expect regular work on a day-to-day basis.
It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Job Type: Casual
Job Type: Casual
Related Jobs (72)
- Youth Counsellor on January 15, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on January 15, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on January 14, 2021
- Guest Attendant on January 14, 2021
- ABA Specialist 1.0 FTE – Temporary on January 14, 2021
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) on January 14, 2021
- Counsellor on January 13, 2021
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR on January 13, 2021
- P-12-21 Storesperson – Materials Management on January 13, 2021