The Bonnechere Union Public Library Board is seeking a driven individual for the position of CEO/Head Librarian. This person will work under the direction of the Library Board to further BUPL’s role in the community as a champion of life-long learning and literacy.
The CEO/Head Librarian manages all library operations, planning and service delivery, including collection development, and financial matters. The CEO/Head Librarian is responsible for managing a staff of permanent and casual employees, as well as grant-funded positions and library volunteers in a dynamic environment. The Librarian is the main contact at the library to its two municipal councils, community organizations, government agencies and the Friends of the Library. The Librarian, with the Library Board, will aid in the creation of a new strategic plan for BUPL.
We seek a positive, enthusiastic and outgoing leader who is a team player and takes pride in maintaining and growing our inclusive and safe space.
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences from an accredited university or an approved ALA equivalent.
• Minimum two (2) years relevant supervisory experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years recent, relevant experience in a public library, demonstrating a variety of work experiences.
• Strong proficiency in budgeting and financial planning;
• Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated success in mentoring and developing staff potential to create an optimal work environment; • The ability to implement policies to maximize the use and effectiveness of the library collection; • An awareness of advances in information technology and online services; • The ability to identify necessary changes and to implement them successfully;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort representing the library in a range of forums;
• Proven ability to work with community partners and an understanding of the municipal context;
• Experience dealing with the public and with confidential information.
Detailed job description available upon request
Applicants must submit their resumes and cover letters (Word doc or pdf) by October 7, 2019 to:
Judy Sauve, Library Board Chair, Bonnechere Union Public Library
with the subject line “BUPL CEO Application”.
Please note, internal applicants will be given priority. The library thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bonnechere Union Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for abilities are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted regarding this competition, applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
74 Maple St