a wide range ofcounseling services and support to assist children, youth, families andcommunities with behavioral, mental, andemotional problems by performing the following duties:
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities includethe following. Other duties may be assigned.
Counselsclients whose behavior, school progress, or mental health indicates need forassistance.
- Consultswith parents, teachers, and other professionals to determine causes of problemsand effect solutions.
- Refersto, or recommends referral to other services or programs, and other tests andexaminations that may disclose causes of difficulties and indicate remedialmeasures.
- Attemptsto alter attitudes and behavior of parents and teachers that cause or aggravateproblems.
- Servesas advocate between home, school, and community resources such as courts, protective services,doctors, Ontario Works, etc.
- Leadsgroup counseling sessions to enhance social development of individual membersand providesupport in areas such as grief, stress, ormood management.
- Provideschild management training to parents/groups for all age ranges.
- Identifiescrisis situations and responds according to agency policy.
- Completesclinical and administrative forms which are required by the agency, in a timelymanner.
- Providesupport/counseling to families especially in the area of child management andfamily functions.
- Providesleadership to groups for children/youth/families in areas related to mentalhealth.
- Coordinatessmall programs as required which may include some budget management and staffscheduling
- Willrequire at least 50% of time after 3:00 pm and weekends.
- Caseloadswill be limited to allow for 4 to 6 hours per family at start of service
- Majorityof work will be in families own home or in their community (minimum 60%)
- Majorityof service will direct itself toward developing parental capacity/competencyand child management
Child and Youth CounsellorDiploma or equivalent
- Preference for experience in a children’s mental health setting
- Must be bilingual (English and French)
Please send resume to/S’il vous plaît envoyez votre CV à:
The Phoenix Centre
130 Pembroke St. W., Suite 200
Pembroke, Ontario K8A 5M8
Fax: (613)735-2378 Email/Courriel: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.phoenixctr.com