The Ontario Addiction Treatment Centres (OATC) was founded in 1995 by concerned and compassionate Physicians. Their goal was to assist individuals who suffered from opioid dependence; providing high quality opioid agonist treatment and mental health in a safe, secure and non-bias environment. Today, OATC services over sixty communities throughout Ontario within urban, rural and remote areas, treating over ten thousand patients daily.
Please visit our website for more information – www.oatc.ca
About the Position:
The Clinic Nurse (RPN/RN) is a first line contact with clients who enter our clinics. Assessments and interaction is a key function, as you will be working with the patients, understanding their needs and issues, plus administering Methadone and Ancillary medications that are delegated to you by a licenced Physician.
Duties and skills required:
- Assessing patients to identify appropriate action for nursing interventions upon client visit.
- Dispense and administer accurately medications and treatments delegated by a licence Physician. (Some clinic locations have an on-site Pharmacy).
- Administer accurately intramuscular and subcutaneous injections as delegated by a licenced Physician, and related administering of ECG’s.
- Prepare patients for and administer electrocardiograms as delegated by a licenced Physician.
- Detailed assessment skills with documentation and reporting of all symptoms and changes observed by a patient’s condition.
- Conduct disease screening and delivering community immunization programs as needed.
- Produce and maintain appropriate records and reports as required by OATC policy and protocol, Provincial and Federal Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with OATC health and safety standards for the distribution and storage of controlled substances within the working environment.
- Provide supportive counselling for clients.
- Navigation to appropriate supportive services within the treatment team or in the community.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Nursing from an accreditation institution.
- Licence in good standing with CNO governing body.
- Experience in a Clinic setting is a STRONG ASSET.
- Completions of Phlebotomy course an asset.
- Valid and up-to-date CPR or HCP certification.
- Valid and up-to-date criminal records check.
- Sound computer and documentation (manual/computer based) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A people person with great problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse and cultural clients, showing compassion, sensitivity and support.
Compensation and Employment Terms:
Starting – $23.41 hourly. Position: Every Tuesday, every other Wednesday and Sunday, and every other Friday.
*** Wage increase upon successful completion of a 6 (six) month probation period ***
Pembroke, ON (1 Vacancy) – This is a part-time opportunity at OATC Pembroke clinic.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confident, quoting file number: 237-PMBN-237
* This position is represented by U.F.C.W., local 175 *
Ontario Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.41 /hour
- community and/or clinic nursing: 1 year
Required license or certification: