Clinical Consultant (RRT) – Pembroke
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with more than 50,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At VitalAire you will have a job that has IMPACT.
VitalAire is a leader in home oxygen therapy, CPAP sleep therapy programs, medical gases, respiratory products, and services from coast to coast. Over 40+ years of experience, 100 locations, 950 employees and accreditation status with Accreditation Canada assures quality programs and unsurpassed service.
VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 50,000 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been an international leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years. www.vitalaire.com
Looking for a Challenge?
VitalAire is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making VitalAire an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move VitalAire one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Advantages of working for VitalAire?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package & company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement & Career Development programs
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated full-time Clinical Consultant for our Pembroke, ONlocation. The Clinical Consultant initiates CPAP, BILEVEL, oxygen therapy and other respiratory services as prescribed, by providing instructions, delivering equipment and ensuring patient safety. They work directly with home care clients, referral sources and funding agencies to deliver the highest level of patient care possible. Additionally, they continuously work on growing both Oxygen and CPAP business through promotion of our services.
- Meets client’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting a full respiratory assessment; assessing and evaluating test results; delivering of equipment and supplies as required; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and care teams as per prescription. Identifying any discrepancies with respiratory therapy treatments and bringing them to the attention of the care team.
- Initiates CPAP or BILEVEL treatment when prescribed, providing patient education, instructions of use and cleaning of their equipment. Provides “best fit” facial interface for long term CPAP or BILEVEL treatment. Provides appropriate follow-up to Clients to evaluate effects of treatment plan, comfort of Client when using treatment and addresses compliance with therapy.
- Ensures quality documentation through completion of all company documentation and forms (both digital and non-electronic); obtains informed consent in order to initiate therapy.
- Facilitates payment by preparation of funding documents, and maintaining knowledge of funding programs. Maintains client confidence and protects VitalAire operations by keeping information confidential. Protects clients and employees by adhering to safety and infection control policies and protocols.
- Assists clients in improving quality of life through aerosol therapy, home oxygen, CPAP therapy and other respiratory services as regulated by provincial bodies.
- Contributes to the growth of VitalAire by liaising with medical professionals; providing information/ literature to prospective clients; providing demonstration/education of products and services to prospective clients. Provides student instruction, supervision and evaluation when necessary.
- Where applicable, follows VitalAire corporate vehicle policy.
- Strong cardio-respiratory assessment skills
- 1 – 2 years of experience as an RRT
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and clean criminal background check
- Previous experience in healthcare field an asset
- Ability work on-call when required
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and able to quickly make decisions in order to solve problems as required; ability to work independently
We participate in equal opportunity employment.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Related Jobs (10)
- RPN/UCP on March 2, 2021
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) on March 2, 2021
- Home Support Worker – PAID TRAINING on March 1, 2021
- Nurse Case Manager (NCM) on February 24, 2021
- Social Worker-Psychotherapist on February 24, 2021
- Registered Practical Nurse Positions on February 9, 2021
- Personal Support Worker Positions on February 9, 2021