Location: Pembroke, ON
About the role:
- Seeking a once in a lifetime opportunity to provide psychological services to a highly unique population of the Canadian Armed Forces?
- Take this rare opportunity to be part of a medical team providing support to the Canadian Special Operations Regiment (CSOR). Located in the Ottawa Valley at Garrison Petawawa, CSOR is a unit that makes up the Special Forces command.
- This unique population of Canadian Armed Forces members volunteer to join CSOR, which comprises of 700-800 personnel with extremely high levels of physical fitness, personal motivation, courage, and strength. These members are fit, resourceful, mature, and motivated as a part of a unit like on other in the Canadian Armed Forces. They are known to be the best, brightest, and bravest and are deployed quickly in small numbers for maximum effectiveness. They recognized for being innovative and cutting-edge. As a Clinical Psychologist you’d have a unique role in providing psychological services to these members.
- The Benefits of this Position
- Diverse presenting issues
- No overhead or administrative costs
- Regular daytime schedule with emphasis on work-life balance
- Easy access to a healthcare teamAbout the Ottawa Valley
Bordered by the Ottawa River and adjacent to Algonquin Provincial Park, this section of the Ottawa Valley offers numerous options for outdoor enthusiasts and families. Whether you decide to raft the world class rapids, relax at one of the areas beautiful beaches, explore the outdoor trails, or camp along the banks of the Ottawa River you will always be surrounded endless possibilities just outside your doorstep. Winter brings a host of new activities including ice fishing, cross country ski trails, and easy access to the Ontario snowmobile trails. This opportunity is ideal for you whether you seek adventure or peaceful tranquility!
Key activities include but are not limited to:
- Administering a full range of diagnostic tests for psychometric assessment, interpretation of the results, and preparation of psychological evaluations for selection and mental health illnesses
- Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team
- Providing treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for CAF members using evidence based practice
- Participating as a member of the multi-disciplinary mental health team in case reviews
- Providing expert advice on mental illness or disorders to primary care providers to assist them in the identification, diagnosis and treatment of patients with mental health disorders
- Creating and maintaining patient records
- Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited University
- 2 years of experience under a license for autonomous practice with psycho-diagnostic assessment and treatment of PTSD, anxiety and mood disorders
- Registered Psychologist authorized for autonomous practice the appropriate provincial licensing body
- Experience operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office software
Type of Assignment:
- Full Time or Part Time up to 37.5 hours per week (minimum 15 hours per week)
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
- Contract to March 31, 2018 with anticipation of extension