Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Petawawa Employment Service
Clinical Social Worker
Location: Pembroke, ON
Career #: 31798
Date Posted: 2017-11-14
About the role:
- Apply your clinical practice expertise and join our mental health team at CFB Petawawa that is devoted to promoting the well-being of 6100 Canadian Forces members at the largest military base in Canada. You will be a part of a multi-disciplinary primary care approach to healthcare that is focused on ensuring no Forces member is left untreated.
- As a Social Worker you will be providing your clinical expertise to Canadian Forces members on an individual, couple, and group basis. A generous allotment of time for booked appointments allows you to provide a high quality of care and individual attention to your clients. Apply your experience with psychosocial assessments, therapy and counseling to a broad range of adult mental health afflictions. These afflictions could include: depression, anxiety, substance abuse, suicide ideation, relationship issues, family stress, somatic complaints, and PTSD. In addition to a full range of common life hardships, Canadian Forces members and their families are faced with challenges occurring from frequent moves and separation.
- As a Social Worker you will need to be able to carry out the following duties:
- Manage crisis interventions
- Conduct assessments
- Provide individual, couples and group treatment services
- Provide case coordination and advocate on the behalf of Forces member
- Develop & facilitate educational activities and outreach materials to groups
- Create and maintain confidential client reports on treatment services
- To be eligible for this position you must meet all of the following three requirements:
- 1. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Work from a recognized university
- 2. Must have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience providing a broad range of activities in an adult mental health care environment including: administering assessments and providing treatment and counseling for individuals, couples and groups.
- 3. Must hold a current membership certificate with the College of Social Workers of Ontario
Type of Assignment:
- Full time, contract with anticipation of extensions
- Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
- Calian is a leader in Canada’s healthcare industry with a dynamic team of healthcare professionals delivering premier services coast to coast. Through our exclusive contract with the Department of National Defence Calian’s healthcare professionals work in partnership with military teams providing quality healthcare to Canadian Armed Forces members. Our team consists of over 550 healthcare professionals in over 30 base clinic locations across Canada.
- Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
Related Jobs (6)
- Temp Part time Cleaner – Environmental Services Pembroke Regional Hospital on September 16, 2021 Part Time Temporary
- Dishwasher on September 13, 2021