|Since 1986, Town & Country Forming has specialized in the forming and pouring of concrete foundations, floors, bunker silos and slabs on grade.|
We are currently looking for two skilled Mechanics (a Licensed Commercial Truck Mechanic and a Licensed Automotive Mechanic) to assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
Candidates must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems)
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- All aspects of truck/trailer repair and safeties.
- Constructs, installs, and repairs equipment and machinery
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
- Repairs, overhauls, maintain, and services diesel powered vehicles, heavy trucks, heavy construction equipment, dump trucks, and excavators etc.
- Proven experience as a Mechanic
- Must have at least three years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Experience working with a maintenance crew on heavy equipment
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, hardhats, safety glasses/goggles, etc
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Ability to work overtime as required