|Renfrew County District School Board|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 20th 2019
Salary: $56,765-$67,267 per year
|The Renfrew County District School Board is recruiting for a Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week, 12 months of the year.|
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of a system-wide communications plan that links directly to the Board’s strategic plan and will help manage communications issues and requirements effectively on an on-going basis. The Communications Coordinator will also act as a resource to the Board, in particular as a liaison for its student trustees, including organization of the student senate and student trustee elections.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of proactive internal and external public relations and communications. They will coordinate public campaigns and activities, handle general enquiries from the public, manage social media channels and provide communication support to schools and departments.
- Assists in the development of a strategic communications plan that is linked directly to the Board’s strategic plan as well as a crisis communications plan that is used whenever any component of the Board may be under threat or duress for any reason
- Monitors and tracks educational and related issues that may require particular communication requirements throughout the year and brings these to the attention of the Communications Manager and/or Director of Education
- Acts as the first point of contact for student trustees who may need assistance or advice on any communication matter
- Attends meetings of the operations steering committee (development of district procedures) and advises on communications matters at those meetings as needed
- Coordinates the district’s website refresh on an ongoing basis in collaboration with Digital Communication Specialist (IT department)
- Coordinates initiatives related to AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with all local and regional media and provides appropriate media releases, messages and information to assist them in their work, as directed by Communications Manager
- Has strong working knowledge of media relations, social media and events planning, and implements social media techniques effectively into all Board communications programs
- Maintains thorough, current and accurate information regarding written communication and disseminates that information accordingly
- Assists in the coordination and promotion of activities and events linked to the student support fund
- Visits schools and promote activities and events across the district
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in communications, marketing or a related field; and,
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related experience
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with social media, Microsoft Office suite, web development software, Adobe Suite, spreadsheet, word processing, Publisher and Powerpoint presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading skills, research skills, note-taking abilities, presentation skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management skills and ability to deliver results under tight timelines
- Working knowledge of graphic design and printing fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality, including the ability to maintain a positive attitude and remain calm under pressure
- Open, busy and collaborative office environment
- Exposure to a demanding clientele
- Occasionally required to extend hours of work to meet work demands, including occasional evenings and/or weekends for after-hours Board meetings or district-linked activities
The successful candidate shall refrain from discussing in public any information pertaining to employees, students or the operation of the district. They are expected to respect the confidential nature of their position by avoiding discussion about any topics that are not formally communicated to the public by the administration of the school or district and act according to standards outlined in the Education Act and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
Online applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on July 10, 2019.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board.
Please advise human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Renfrew County District School Board
|Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|