Community Development Coordinator – Renfrew Animal Centre
Full Time 1 Year Contract Position- 40 hours per week
Responsible for developing and maintaining effective community relations and public awareness of the Ontario SPCA through communication, education, special events and fundraising initiatives. Accountable for achieving fundraising goals and objectives according to the Renfrew Animal Centre revenue budget.
• Meets with key community leaders to inform them of the SPCA’s functions and objectives as well as of activities and goals of local branches
• Makes presentations to service groups and other local agencies in order to obtain support for the Centre(s)
• Organizes special events to heighten public awareness and to attract donors.
• Develops written applications for funding from local organizations.
• Develops relationships with local media and makes regular contact with them to encourage coverage of branch and relevant Ontario SPCA news.
• Ensures that Ontario SPCA provincial campaigns are carried out at the local level.
• Plans and implements special fund-raising initiatives e.g. walk-a-thon, Nevada boxes, etc.
• Develops and maintains appropriate mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations e.g. PetsMart, PetValu, etc.
• Assists in attracting and maintaining a volunteer base.
• Garners support from the public through public awareness events.
• Organise & Assists in the implementation of Ontario SPCA humane education initiatives at the local level.
• Follows policies and procedures set out by the Society and reports all incidents to his/her immediate supervisor immediately.
• Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
• Immediately reports all incidents of injury, property damage, absence of or failure of a protective device and/or equipment to the supervisor immediately.
• In the event of injury, works cooperatively with Supervisor to facilitate an early and safe return to work.
• Assist with the developing the plan and budget for the Renfrew Animal Centre.
• May perform other Ontario SPCA position functions.
• Develop & Assist in delivery of Renfrew Animal Centre events and Humane Ed programs.
• Meets with key Ontario SPCA Centre staff, volunteers and its committees, as well as local community leaders, corporate partners, service groups, and event sponsors to cultivate and steward relationships that will assist in increasing revenue and participation in key community fundraising initiatives
• .Assist the Renfrew Animal Centre team in establishing and growing new fundraising initiatives to increase revenue.
• Recruit, motivate and train taskforce committee volunteers and day-of special event volunteers and work with these volunteers to plan, manage and execute fundraising initiatives.
• Develop relationships with local media to encourage coverage of branch and relevant Ontario SPCA fundraising initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have proven track record in fundraising.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
• Proven negotiation and volunteer management skills
• Excellent Presentation and Public Speaking skills
• Media experience an asset
• Must be highly self-motivated and a visionary planner
• Must be a team player
• Must have genuine compassion for animals
• M Must be flexible to work some weekends and evenings
• Must have valid “G” drivers license
If you have a passion for animal welfare, please forward your resume by November 29, 2017
Please quote “CDC Renfrew” in the subject line of your email.