The Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Ontario SPCA) is a Registered Charity with a Provincial Office in Stouffville and supports over 50 Communities throughout Ontario. The following full-time opportunity is available at the Provincial Office, centrally located in York Region and easily accessible by Hwys 407 and 404.
Community Development Coordinator
Provincial Education and Animal Centre
Full Time Position – 40 hours per week
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining effective community and donor relationships in support of the Ontario SPCA through various fundraising and community engagement initiatives. This position is accountable for achieving fundraising goals and objectives for the Provincial Education and Animal Centre (PEAC) development budget.
• Acts as primary lead for development functions in support of PEAC in collaboration with the Animal Centre Manager and Community Development Assistant.
• Cultivates and maintains appropriate mutually beneficial relationships with local media partners, community organizations, school and youth groups, businesses and individual donors.
• Plans and executes signature fundraising events (Friends For Life Walk and National Cupcake Day); with emphasis on increasing event participant and corporate sponsorship revenue generation.
• Promote and steward relationships with third party event organizers; further developing the program in collaboration with the provincial development team.
• Recruit, motivate and train fundraising and special event volunteers and work with these volunteers to plan, manage and execute various fundraising initiatives.
• In collaboration with the provincial development team, research and prepare written applications for funding from local organizations and foundations.
• Ensure provincial fundraising campaigns and initiatives are carried out at the local level.
• Represent the Ontario SPCA at various community outreach events at various offsite locations, including some evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
• Assist with developing and monitoring a fundraising plan and budget for PEAC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post secondary education in a related field and minimum 2 years of fundraising and/or event management experience or equivalent.
• Strong time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on tight deadlines.
• Proven communication skills, both verbal and written; preferably with experience in the not-for-profit sector.
• Experience with and high-degree of comfort presenting and public speaking.
• Finely honed customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative external and internal relationships.
• Personal drive for continuous learning and professional development.
• Microsoft office experience a minimum requirement; Raiser’s Edge experience an asset.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-faceted team.
• Must be flexible to work some weekends and evenings.
• Must have valid “G” drivers license and access to vehicle.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please forward your resume with a covering letter including salary expectations by Friday, November 17, 2017 to:
Stephanie Miller, CFRE
Director, Community and Donor Development
16586 Woodbine Avenue, Stouffville, ON L4A 2W3
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com