Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence
1022 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 8A7
Chartwell Pinewood Retirement Residence is conveniently located just steps away from Pembroke Mall and the historic Champlain Trail Museum. Offering a safe and family-like environment in a single-storey bungalow-style building, Chartwell Pinewood residents can enjoy a variety of amenities, such as beautifully landscaped patio and grounds, a sunroom, library and elegant dining room. Residents are able to customize their care as their needs change and select the services that best meet their requirements. Our team of long-service, supportive and caring staff ensures the highest quality of care and the peace of mind residents and their families deserve. With a strong reputation in the community built on trust and respect, residents are proud to call Chartwell Pinewood home.
The Cook is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time to residents and guests and ensures that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. The cook will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met;
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager;
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Orders and receives food and supplies;
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry;
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program;
- Food Safe Certificates I and II considered an asset;
- First Aid Certification considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of special diets;
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation.