Employment Opportunity Greenwood Military Family Resource Centre (GMFRC) (Full-Time)
COORDINATOR OF INFORMATION AND SECOND LANGUAGE SERVICES
The Coordinator of Information and Second Language Services is responsible for GMFRC outreach and ongoing liaison with local military and civilian communities. This includes providing information and education on posting and referral services. Outreach Services will also be provided to CAF members and families in Reserve Unit locations as well as those CAF families living outside of the immediate area. This position also coordinates Second Language Services by developing, implementing and delivering GMFRC services designed to meet the needs of the military Francophone community; and support the language needs and choices of individuals in accordance with the Parameters for Practice and the Official Languages Act.
Probationary Period: 6 months
Responsible to: Executive Director
- Candidate should have an undergrad degree in public relations, communications or social sciences from a recognized university
- Our population includes families requiring service in the French language. Candidate MUST possess excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
- Translator diploma or equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge of public relations practices and community development processes
- Experience with development, implementation, and delivery of individual and family programs/services
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office Software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and assessment skills as well as sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful conditions – entails the ability to tolerate high stress levels, and ability to respond to crisis situations.
- Exhibits characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour and a non-judgmental philosophy of care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- A clear understanding of the community development process is essential and a working knowledge of community resources in the catchment area is required. In-depth knowledge of civilian/provincial agencies and organizations that can provide support to military families
- Excellent public speaking ability is essential in both official languages.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage caseload effectively to meet deadlines.
- A strong belief in the principle of volunteerism is required.
- A good understanding of the unique needs of CF families as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an inter-disciplinary team and in a self-directed environment while responding to the challenges of a demanding multi-faceted role.
37.5 hours per week (occasional evening & weekend hours are required.
Flexibility is a must.) Candidate should be available to start work in July 2017.
Must complete a Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check, and Enhanced Reliability Check. Eligible candidates should submit by fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resumé clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements, on or before noon on Friday, 7 July 2017 to:
Margaret Reid email: email@example.com Executive Director (MS Word or PDF format)
Subject line: resumé – info/SLS
Greenwood Military Family Resource Centre fax: (902) 765-1747 PO Box 582, Greenwood, NS, B0P 1N0
Please submit resumé in English.
The GMFRC is located in the AVM Morfee Centre, School Road, in Greenwood. Please note: Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Greenwood MFRC is committed to employment equity.
You can read more about the GMFRC at: www.cafconnection.ca