Court Enforcement Officer
Reference Number: Job ID 129311 Ministry of the Attorney General
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: November 5th 2018
Salary: $28.17-$33.75 per hour
Are you looking for a challenging new opportunity? If you have what it takes to work in an enforcement environment, consider this opportunity as a Court Enforcement Officer at the Ministry of the Attorney General. This is an irregular, on-call position based in Pembroke.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in the field, you will:
- execute writs, warrants and orders of the court ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations
- compile and receive goods and monetary amounts to satisfy a judgment
- prepare reports and court documents
- attend at evictions and provide related services
- act as a process server by receiving documents to be served and by effecting personal service as ordered by the court
- The candidate is required to successfully complete training on self-defence and tactical communications for ministry certification on use of self-defence
- This is an irregular on-call category position working zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours
How Do I Qualify?
- you have a valid driver’s licence
- you have the ability to interpret and apply enforcement procedures, relevant legislation and regulations
- you have the ability to understand functions of the Ontario court system, legal terminology and documentation
- you have the ability to acquire knowledge of investigative techniques
- you have analytical, decision-making and judgment skills to accurately assess and recognize escalating situations
- you have organizational and planning skills to determine priorities
- you have interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with people in volatile situations and to provide clear explanations
Other Essential Skills:
- you are proficient with computer software to prepare reports and document activities
- you have mathematical skills to calculate the interest, principal and cost incurred in order to satisfy the enforcement of a writ order
This is one temporary, irregular, on-call position. The duration is up to 5.5 months. The location is 297 Pembroke Street East, Pembroke, East Region. There is a general screening requirement.
Note: In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the additional information or address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening or check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please note that as of November 1, 2018, with the implementation of the Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015, the security screening check requirements for this position may differ from those described in this job ad.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, November 21, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 129311 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Contact InformationMinistry of the Attorney General
297 Pembroke Street East,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca
Related Jobs (71)
Electrician on November 15, 2018
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Mackenzie) on November 15, 2018
Delivery Driver on November 15, 2018
Territory Sales Manager – Eastern Canada on November 15, 2018
P-187-18 Peer Specialist – MHS-CMH on November 15, 2018
Driver on November 15, 2018
Real Estate Associate on November 15, 2018
Cleaner (Part-Time) on November 15, 2018
Floral Associate on November 14, 2018
Graphic Designer on November 14, 2018