Work Location: Killaloe Station-157 Queen St Box 130
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
You are the face of CIBC and the first person many of our clients see. You have ownership for providing an exceptional experience by engaging with clients and showing them we care about them and value their business. You assist clients with day to day transactions while further deepening their relationship with CIBC by identifying gaps in their financial needs. You will receive training related to CIBC products and services, how to process day-day banking transactions.
To help you determine whether this position is a match to your skills and interests, please take approximately 90 seconds to watch the following job preview.
- Create an exceptional client experience by proactively engaging with clients to understand and meet their immediate day to day banking needs
- Actively identify opportunities to deepen the client’s relationship with CIBC and to positively promote CIBC’s products and services
- Work as part of a team to ensure the client is receiving the most appropriate advice and introduce them to appropriate colleagues
- Demonstrate the benefits and encourage clients to use alternate ways to bank such as Bank Machines, Telephone Banking, Mobile and Online Banking
- Resolve client problems quickly and/or refer to colleagues as appropriate
- Work accurately and efficiently in a multi-tasking environment where high attention to detail is required in order to balance cash, credits and other monetary transactions
- Introduce clients to CIBC’s best-in-class online and mobile banking technology (e.g. Tablet, ATM, Online and Mobile “apps”)
- Keep current on CIBC products and services, programs, policies and procedures
- Ensure that security measures are in place at all times
- Perform additional duties as required
- Your values align to ours – trust, teamwork and accountability
- Passion for client service. You enjoy talking with clients, are interested in getting to know them and helping them achieve their goals
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to actively listen, empathize, ask questions and respond in language that clients understand
- Ability to engage and quickly connect with clients making the client feel their business is valued
- Proven experience and engagement with the latest technology and mobile “apps”
- You take accountability for solving client problems by identifying solutions and options that work for the client
- Ability to identify opportunities and make quality referrals
- You have previous cash handling experience
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and flexible to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- The targeted start date for this position is as soon as possible
- This is a regular part-time role with a schedule of 18.75 hours per week
- Candidates must be flexible with their workdays and hours