D&WM Licensing Director ensures that the safety and licensing for all of CNL decommissioning and waste management is transparent, coordinated, integrated, and optimized. This includes:
- Leading the team of safety and licensing analysts that support D&WM facilities, projects and programs;
- Ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, regulations and site licensing requirements;
- Developing and maintaining the safety and licensing basis for the D&WM licensed waste areas and facilities;
- Maintaining, amending, and renewing Licences for the DP and G-1 sites;
- Maintaining, amending, and renewing Licences for Port Hope and Port Granby Waste Facilities;
- Developing strategies for obtaining Licences for new or modified D&WM waste facilities at the CRL site;
- Preparing Safety Analysis Reports (SARs), Independent Safety Assessments, licensing plans, licensing bases, deterministic/probabilistic safety analyses, regulatory correspondence, etc. for facilities, projects and programs;
- Maintaining and improving the procedures and tools that underlie the D&WM safety and licensing work, in compliance with the Safety Analysis and Compliance corporate programs; and
- Providing on-going education and communications to D&WM Directors, Managers, Project and Program leads related to safety and licensing strategies, risks and new information.
- Leads a team of 8 or more safety and licensing analysts;
- Supports project leads, facility authorities, program managers, and management in planning, execution and review of safety analysis and licensing work;
- Leads or guides communications with CNSC;
- Ensures the qualifications of the safety and licensing group are maintained and works with the Safety Analysis Program Authority to ensure long term strategic planning for safety analysis resources at CNL;
- Supports Licensing Managers for D&WM Projects or sites as required (e.g. HWP, Whiteshell, NSDF);
- Provides oversight of all D&WM safety and licensing to ensure communications and alignment as required; and
- Implements and maintains service agreements for safety and licensing support, and oversees work of subcontractors responsible for safety and licensing support to D&WM.
- Honours Bachelor in Engineering or Science from a recognized university of recognized standing or membership in an engineering or scientific professional organization authorized by statute to establish qualification for membership in that organization.
- Minimum 15 years experience with significant experience in management positions related to licensing and/or safety analysis.
- Prior experience in one or more licence facilities.
- Proven record of effective communication, presentation and technical writing skills, in order to present complex technical issues to a wide audience (VPs, Directors, technical strategy personnel, regulators, external service providers, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage delivery of a suite of projects/deliverables with a high level of competence.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel of varying disciplines in order to manage team as well as manage relationships with other departments and the regulator.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and documents.
CNL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Related Jobs (99)
- Cashier Part Time (PEMBROKE) on April 22, 2021
- Vehicle Dismantler on April 22, 2021
- Simulator Technician on April 22, 2021
- Staffing Clerk – Human Resources (Temporary Part-Time) on April 22, 2021
- Summer Reading Program Assistants (2 positions available) on April 22, 2021
- Barista on April 22, 2021
- Furniture packer on April 22, 2021
- Package Handlers on April 22, 2021
- Loader, Trucks on April 22, 2021
- Café Manager on April 22, 2021