The role of the Dish Washer is to provide fast and effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils,
dishware, glassware and pots, and to maintain the kitchen area ensuring cleanliness and tidiness.
Ability to do some food prep and heavy lifting may be required. The Dish Washer must be capable
of working effectively both unsupervised and within a team environment. The Dish Washer will be
responsible for providing guests and employees with clean and sanitized utensils, dishes,
glassware, pots, pans and equipment. This summer position will be from approximate May 11-
September 9, 2018.
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• Ensure that all dishes, pots, pans and cutlery, etc. are clean and sanitized.
• Pre-soak cutlery in solution and load them into the dishwasher.
• Use proper chemicals to sanitize items.
• Wash all pots, pans, inserts, etc. and clean kitchen equipment when called upon and as
per cleaning schedule.
• Put dishes back in proper places throughout the kitchen and server areas.
• Keep the kitchen area floors swept, cleaned and washed at all times.
• Assist with prep work under direction and supervision of qualified cook.
• Clean and organize all related work equipment and areas.
• Assist in other duties as directed by shift supervisor or manager.
• Keep sanitation solution up to company codes at all times.
• Set up dish machine in the AM and closes down machine in the PM according to company
• Maintain daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
• Clean and sanitize throughout the shift
• Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters
of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative
courses of action which may be taken.
• Perform shift change and/or closing duties.
• Attend shift meetings and monthly meetings on time.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with
established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees and guests to
foster and promote a working environment that maximizes morale, productivity and
• Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred
• Food Safe certification preferred
• WHIMIS certificate an asset
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Outgoing and professional with strong people skills
• Must be a team player who works well with others
• Good organizational skills
• Must arrange your own transportation
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be neatly dressed and well groomed in a clean and approved company dress code
• Stands and walks during 6-8 hour shift.
• Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes.
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to respond to employee or guest
• Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 70 lbs., throughout entire shift
• Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts from broken glass, metal cans, burns, slipping,
• Frequently immerses hands in water.
• Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
Whitewater Brewing Company offers competitive an incredible work environment, and career
Whitewater Brewing Company is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection
process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process for this posting,
please advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you to be assessed in a fair
and equitable manner.
Qualified applicants should contact Whitewater Brewing Company at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume by April 6, 2018. Interviews will be conducted second week of April
Related Jobs (96)
- Meat Cutter on October 18, 2021
- Human Resources Generalist on October 18, 2021
- Behaviour Consultant on October 18, 2021
- Administrative Assistant on October 18, 2021
- Family and Community Engagement Worker on October 18, 2021
- Indigenous Child and Youth Services Worker on October 18, 2021
- Veteran Care Coordinator on October 18, 2021
- General Manager on October 18, 2021
- Customer Experience Associate on October 18, 2021
- Medical Receptionist on October 18, 2021