*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• lead and work with a diverse team to provide land use, natural resources, municipal planning, environmental assessment and Environmental Bill of Rights advice and input
• manage relationships with stakeholders, interest groups and agencies
• provide leadership and expertise to both internal and external clients
How do I qualify?
• Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent to travel throughout the district and to other locations outside the district to attend meetings.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have well developed knowledge of public and municipal land use planning, and resource management planning policies and practices, environmental assessments policies and practices.
• You have demonstrated experience in interpreting, applying and communicating relevant legislation, policies and processes (e.g. Public Lands Act, Planning Act, Environmental Assessment Act, Aggregate Resources Act, Endangered Species Act, Provincial Parks & Conservation Reserves Act).
• You have knowledge of ministry programs (e.g. aggregates, fish, wildlife, lands and waters and Species at Risk) to assess impacts and determine appropriate action to achieve sustainable and balanced outcomes.
• You can assist in the development of policies, monitor impact of policy changes and report on the effects.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have proven experience to provide expert advice, discuss technical and background information on planning legislation, policy and procedures to a diverse client group.
• You have well developed writing skills to prepare a variety of planning documents, evaluations, and reports.
• You have good consultation skills to negotiate varying points of view and to reach consensus on complicated/sensitive issues.
Analytical and problem solving skills:
• You have proven problem solving and analytical skills to review plans, applications and projects to determine conformity to provincial objectives.
• You can identify potential impacts, make recommendations and facilitate resolutions.
• You can gather, consolidate, and assess data and expert reports to develop and recommend options or provide advice to others on proposals.
Coordination and project management skills:
• You have coordinating skills to organize and implement district/regional business planning processes, , and organize and conduct meetings.
• You have highly developed project management skills to lead various projects and coordinate meetings and assign work/tasks of project team members and participating stakeholders.
- 1 Permanent, 31 Riverside Dr, Pembroke, East Region
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.