Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres (OEYCFC)
POSTING DATE: AUGUST 31, 2017
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
Department of Social Services
Child Care Division
“Helping to make Renfrew County the best place to raise a child.”
EARLY YEARS SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Manager of Child Care Services the Early Years Supervisor will be responsible to the Manager of Child Care Services for the development and implementation of the Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres (OEYCFC) in Renfrew County. The Early Years Supervisor will also provide supervision and leadership for Integration Services and will demonstrate thorough
knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and how it supports the service delivery requirements.
- Registered Early Childhood Education diploma preferred or a post secondary degree in human services or a related field, such as social sciences, business/public administration, with at least five years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly-developed communication skills, both oral and written; proven ability to present to and facilitate discussions with various audiences both internal and external.
- Strong foundation in research, analytical, program planning and policy development and implementation and strategic and project planning.
- Strong understanding of best practices associated with integrating children into licensed child care and Ontario Early Years settings.
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and funding programs, as well as related
- provincial legislation and policies would be an asset.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and political acuity in communications and recommendations.
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe
- conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Compensation: $64,247 – $73,317 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume, stating Competition #17‐70 by 4:00 p.m., Monday, September 18, 2017 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive,
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
(in MS Word or pdf format)
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
County of Renfrew Core Values:
Honesty and Integrity ~ Professionalism ~ Client Service Orientation ~ Focus on Results