The Pembroke Regional Hospital requires one (1) ER Crisis Caseworker to work in Mental Health Services – Renfrew County. This position is offered on a Temporary Casual basis.
In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and policies and procedures, ER Crisis Caseworkers are responsible for the provision of the full range of crisis response service functions to individuals experiencing a crisis throughout Renfrew County. ER Crisis Caseworkers respond to crisis calls and offer emergency mental health intervention in the form of assessments, referrals, short-term crisis resolution and short-term follow up or information and are members of an interdisciplinary team.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts including weekends.
- Baccalaureate Degree in human service discipline or equivalent university degree
- Completed and current ASSIST Training
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a counseling capacity or in a community mental health program setting or related field(s)
- Minimum 3 years experience working with clients in a crisis setting
- Previous experience in a team oriented environment
- Previous experience working in a hospital based setting would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to respond effectively to people experiencing a crisis
- Demonstrated ability to bring a calming effect on people who are highly stressed or in crisis
- Demonstrated ability to work with in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to effectively provide service to a difficult to serve population
- Demonstrated knowledge of community of Renfrew County and issues concerning individuals living with serious mental illness
- Ability to function with groups of clients as well as professionals
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Access to a reliable vehicle with minimum $2,000,000 liability insurance
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Demonstrated computer software application skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an preferred