The Training and Learning Centre of Renfrew County is seeking an Essential Skills for the Trades Instructor reporting to the Program Manager and under the supervision of Project Coordinator, Project Manager, and Lead Instructor.
This is a short-term position from April 9, 2018, to June 1, 2018. This short-term, contract position is a special project being lead by the Rideau-Ottawa Valley Learning Network. The instruction will take place in Eganville although some travel may be necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to the development of training resources and provide essential skills for the trades instruction to adult learners
- Must be able to travel to Eganville and other communities in Renfrew County if necessary
- Provide timely feedback to learners, monitor and evaluate learners attendance and progress
- Promote and reinforce a non-threatening and respectful adult learning environment
- Assist and participate in meetings, as required
- Possess a university degree or college diploma with a concentration in education or in a related field
- Familiarity with adult literacy and instruction and an understanding of Employment Services and local labour market trends an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, email, and internet
- Understanding of adult education and the 9 essential skills
An up-to-date criminal records check will be required of the successful applicant.
Resumes are being accepted by email only. Please send your resume in PDF or MS Word format by February 28th to the attention of Sue Rupert, Program Manager.
A full job description is available upon request.
Related Jobs (115)
- Head Educator on December 7, 2021
- Educator on December 7, 2021
- Office Assistant on December 7, 2021
- Front End Website Developer on December 7, 2021
- Snow Shovelers on December 7, 2021
- Executive Director on December 7, 2021
- Purchasing Manager-Deputy Treasurer on December 7, 2021
- Buyer-Timekeeper on December 7, 2021
- Overnight Cleaner (PT) on December 7, 2021
- Mail Sorter on December 7, 2021