The Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning, design, production, promotion,
profitability and overall coordination of Whitewater Brewing Company events. The Coordinator is
expected to delegate tasks and provide assistance to event planning support staff to ensure event
success. Sourcing venues, liaising with entertainers, speakers and exhibitors, and overseeing
Whitewater Brewing Company events are required tasks for this role. Other duties include, but
are not limited to, reviewing and arranging appropriate accommodation, transportation, catering,
signage, promotional materials, procurement and security. Other duties will be assigned as
• Service Orientation
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Development and Continuous Learning
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Research and Analysis
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Operating Equipment
• Providing Consultation
• Ethics and Integrity
• Planning and Organizing
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Energy and Stress
• Team Work
• Manage internal and external event communications.
• Assist in the coordination of events including conferences, seminars, dinners, and training.
• Manage vendors and suppliers.
• Source venues, obtain quotes and conduct site visits.
• Liaise with exhibition builders, caterers, delegates and speakers.
• Invite and liaise with speakers, exhibitors and delegates.
• Maintain detailed and accurate event files such as exhibitor databases, contact and
• Liaise with conference delegates and exhibitors throughout the entire process.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of materials to events.
• Periodically provide administrative support to other members of event planning staff.
• Determine parameters, policies and procedures of event plans.
• Supervise the development and production of promotional materials and presentations.
• Produce reports on events which include obstacles and opportunities encountered.
• Other duties shall be assigned as required.
• Secondary school diploma required.
• Post-secondary school diploma in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
• 3-5 years’ event coordination or management experience preferred.
• 3-5 years’ fundraising experience considered an asset.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven ability to manage budgets
• Manual dexterity required to operate telephone, computer and peripherals.
• Interacts with employees, management, volunteers and the public at large.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Irregular hours.
• Overtime may be required.
• Fast-paced environment and position.
Whitewater Brewing Company offers competitive an incredible work environment, and career
Whitewater Brewing Company is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection
process and work environment. If contacted about the selection process for this posting, please
advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you to be assessed in a fair and
equitable manner. Qualified applicants should contact Whitewater Brewing Company at
Please send your resume by March 23, 2018.