The Upper Ottawa Valley Chamber of Commerce is seeking a full-time Executive Director.
Full-time, six (6) month contract with opportunity for an extension
$18 – $19.52 Hourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
35 hours based on a negotiated weekly schedule
177 Alexander Street, Pembroke, Ontario
Anticipated Start Date:
October 12, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the new direction for the Upper Ottawa Valley Chamber of Commerce (UOVCC).
The UOVCC is a non-profit, membership-driven organization that is the coordinating body providing a cooperative environment to support member businesses in the quest for growth and economic success by providing leadership, education, advocacy, communication, interaction opportunities and tangible financial benefits for over 65 years.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the lead staff person for the organization, responsible for building strong relationships within our membership and the business community in the upper Ottawa Valley and developing and maintaining the operations of the Chamber Office. The Executive Director is an intentional business leader who demonstrates vision along with an ability to creatively design, plan for and implement programs and services that reflect the mission/vision of the Chamber and meets the needs of the membership and larger business community. The Executive Director is enthusiastic, creative, well organized, and is an excellent communicator capable of functioning well in an independent environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Stakeholder Relationships, Advocacy & Communications
Board Support & Leadership
● Attends all Executive and Board of Directors meetings to provide information, resources, take minutes and subsequent execution of all orders and resolutions
● Prepares and distributes the agenda, minutes and all relevant documents for Board of Directors meetings
● Analyzes and interprets the strategic direction of the organization, applying a clear and firm understanding of the vision, mission, values, and objectives of the Chamber; Analyzes the internal and external environment to identify current and future opportunities, challenges, and risks
● Maintains efficient management of all Chamber-related documentation including correspondence, records, files, etc.
● Maintain an accurate roster of Chamber membership and status including the Chamber website
● Develops and manages budgets; Ensures that all Chamber expenditures are processed promptly and within the guidelines of the approved Chamber budget
● Assist the Treasurer with the financial and accounting aspects of the Chamber, consistent with normal accounting practices
● Preferred post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration and management or related field
● Office Management experience is considered an asset
● Previous experience working in a non-profit environment and reporting to a Board of Directors considered an asset
● Previous sales experience, specifically memberships considered an asset
Personal Characteristics, Experience & Skills
Ideally, the Executive Director will have a unique combination of personal and professional qualifications. This includes, but is not limited to:
● Develop and manage budgets
● Strong analytical, administration and reporting skills
● Eager self-starter with a professional appearance, phone manner, and presentation skills
● Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments, conditions, and situations including a flexible work schedule
● Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of full G licence and insurance