Full Job Description
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Financial Advisor Intern (Pembroke, ON)
What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Financial Advisor, you attract, nurture, and grow relationships with our high-value personal and small business clients by adding value in the moments that matter to them. You provide your clients with proactive, professional advice and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients with their goals and key life events. As an expert advisor, you contribute to strong sales and retention. Whether you are helping a client learn how to bank digitally, proposing an investment strategy to finance their child’s education or recommending how to borrow for their “Someday”, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences.
What will you do?
- Communicate with clients to learn about their needs and help them achieve their goals
- Provide professional advice and education with an ability to address complex credit and investment needs, concerning both personal and business needs
- Collaborate with market-leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, mortgages, and business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized and targeted expert advice
- Leverage technology to deliver on client experience and drive solutions and retention
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client’s banking problems
- Implement contact and relationship building strategies, and support new client acquisition in local community
- Educate clients of the features and benefits RBC products and services offer, and help clients with digital, banking including mobile, ATM, and online banking
What do you need to succeed?
- Valid Mutual Funds accreditation (Investment Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course)
- Completed Certificate in Financial Services Advice, offered through the CSI (i.e. Personal Financial Service Advice and Financial Planning I)
- 2-3 years of proven sales experience in the financial services industry, handling credit and investments
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain long-term client relationships
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Active in the local community, developing a solid network in the local community
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Career development and top-notch sales coaching to take your career to the next level
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and recognition programs that reward top performance
- Strong suite of tools, including emerging digital capability to enhance your competitive edge
- Opportunity to represent Canada’s leading financial services brand in your community
PEMBROKE, Ontario, Canada
Related Jobs (90)
- COMMUNITY SERVICES LIAISON on August 15, 2022
- Laundry Aide Position on August 15, 2022
- Physiotherapy Assistant on August 15, 2022
- Maintenance Operator on August 15, 2022
- Receptionist on August 15, 2022
- AZ Driver on August 15, 2022
- Gym Supervisor on August 15, 2022
- Unit Clerk- Diabetes Education Clinic on August 15, 2022
- Arena Attendant – Temp Part Time on August 15, 2022
- Food Service Worker- Dietary on August 15, 2022