Food and Beverage Server
Assistant General Manager & General Manager
The Food and Beverage Server will be responsible for providing high-levels of customer service to
all restaurant patrons by providing prompt service, taking accurate orders, and maintaining a
strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. The Food and Beverage Server
will perform customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times and ensure
that the customers have an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities include but are not
limited to the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with
cleaning duties, and comply with all restaurant policies and procedures. This summer position will
be from approximate May 11- September 9, 2018.
• Team Player
• Decision Making
• Organizational and Environmental Awareness
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Service Orientation
• Take food and beverage orders from customers and ensure these are given to the
appropriate person to execute (i.e. kitchen staff, bartender, etc.).
• Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the
• Communicate regularly with floor manager to handle any quality inconsistencies
• Maintain familiarity with all Whitewater Brewing Company beer products
• Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a
professional, courteous manner.
• Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and
closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
• Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
• Clean and refill condiment sets for each table.
• Ensure table decorations are clean and comply with company standards.
• Set tables to company policy, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a
good state of repair.
• Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other
established needs, be they food or equipment.
• Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have
finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing
customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
• Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the
customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
• At all times to be aware of and practise good customer service, assisting the guest in any
way which does not adversely affect other customers.
• Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
• Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits,
including those normally used by customers, as well as fire escapes.
• Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
• Arrive at work ten minutes before assigned shifts prepared, in uniform and ready to work
• Attend meetings and training courses as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Strong customer service experience.
• 1 year of restaurant service experience.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Professional appearance and manners.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Available to work mornings/evenings/weekends
• Overtime as required.
• Lifting or moving up to 40lbs may be required.
Whitewater Brewing Company offers competitive an incredible work environment, and career
Whitewater Brewing Company is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection
process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process for this posting,
please advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you to be assessed in a fair
and equitable manner.
Qualified applicants should contact Whitewater Brewing Company at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume by April 6, 2018. Interviews will be conducted second week of April