Under the direction of the Food Services Supervisor, the Food Service Worker is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of food service ensuring high standards in a sanitary environment. Consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of Miramichi Lodge, contributes to the efficient operation of the Dietary department within an interdisciplinary resident-focused team.
· Grade 12 graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certificate – Food Service Worker program, as approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and recognized by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care or Diploma – Cook/Chef course from an established college or have attained Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program status or an equivalent program as determined by the employer.
· Food safety awareness program, as approved by a Public Health Unit, Certificate.
· Experience in Long Term Care setting preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication and organizational skills with an ability to work with others in a team environment.
· Physically capable of performing assigned duties.
· Ability to perform shift work requirement in a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
· Demonstrated regular attendance in keeping with the County Attendance Support Program.
· Ability to meet and maintain health requirement standards of the Home as per Long Term Care Legislation.
Reference ID: 21-121
Application deadline: 2021-10-06
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.39-$25.73 per hour