The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
What you’ll do
- An ambassador and leader of the customer experience you look to develop relationships with customers and provide mentorship and coaching to your team to ensure the same.
- Coach and develop your department team by setting expectations, keeping open lines of communication, coaching on a continual basis, providing constructive feedback, and ongoing support
- Build and manage a daily game and sales plan for the department
- Create development plans for full-time staff – providing support and coaching to improve any performance gaps
- Communicate skills proven through effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment for staff
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced team environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you’ll bring
- A passion for your activities and a drive to inspire others
- Ability to build trust
- Must possesses a very good understanding of all store systems including signage program, ticketing module, and POS system including all Back office programs
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Computer experience is an asset
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s largest active lifestyle retailer, with over 200 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy active lives? Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
“Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check.”
: Aug 8, 2017, 1:44:22 PM