Phone: 613-735-1888 Fax: 613-735-1849
Forest Technician Positions, Ottawa Valley Forest Inc.
Ottawa Valley Forest Inc. is currently looking for Forest Technicians for seasonal employment to provide silvicultural support including silviculture effectiveness monitoring (regeneration surveys, Free-to-Grow surveys, post cut surveys), silviculture layout, and support for renewal activities. Ottawa Valley Forest Inc (OVFI) is a proud member of Ontario’s forest industry and the holder of the Sustainable Forest Licence (SFL) for the Ottawa Valley Forest. Located in Pembroke, OVFI is responsible for forest management planning and the implementation of forest management activities on the Ottawa Valley Forest.
1. Knowledge of resource inventory principles and methods normally associated with the completion of a college diploma in forestry.
2. Demonstrated skills including dendrology, map reading and knowledge of the silvics of Great Lakes St. Lawrence tree species.
3. Demonstrated understanding of the silvicultural systems within the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Forest.
4. Computer related knowledge germane to assigned tasks, GPS technology, data recorders, simple spreadsheets and database manipulation.
5. Valid Ontario drivers license. 6. Chainsaw Operation Certificate would be an asset.
These contract positions will run from April to December of 2018 with the possibility of
extension. A salary, commensurate with experience, will be negotiated with the successful
applicant. Successful applicants will be required to work in inclement weather and on uneven
terrain with potential exposure to risks such as biting insects, bears and poison ivy.
If you have these skills and experience and would like to be a part of our team of forestry professionals, we’d like to hear from you. Please send a resume and covering letter in PDF, or MS Word format by Friday, March 9, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Ottawa Valley Forest Inc. please visit our website at www.ovfi.ca
Thanks to all who take the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be
Related Jobs (82)
- Relief Residential Caseworker on December 2, 2020
- Speech Language Pathologist on December 2, 2020
- Bookkeeper-Tax Preparer on December 2, 2020
- Cashier on December 2, 2020
- enseignant de français langue seconde on December 2, 2020
- Wireless Sales Associate – 3171 on December 2, 2020
- Dietary Aide on December 2, 2020
- Sales Associate, Pembroke Mall – The Sourc on December 2, 2020
- Photocentre Lead- 3171 on December 2, 2020
- Taxi Driver on December 2, 2020