Freight Team Associate Part-Time
It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
Freight Team Associates are responsible for stocking merchandise and organizing the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment. A successful Freight Team Associate must have a high level of work commitment, work well with others and be capable of learning and following procedures.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Stocking merchandise onto shelves to achieve 100% in stock
- Using appropriate safety procedures when organizing merchandise
- Merchandising new items as directed
- Building end caps and promotions
- Maintaining aisle cleanliness
- Communicating with other overnight team members to ensure all products are stocked accurately
- Moving freight safely from designated staging areas to overheads or bringing merchandise safely down from overheads using the appropriate equipment as necessary
- Scanning out of stock, reading reports and packing down stock to ensure in-store accuracy
- Ability to work overnights
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Lift equipment experience would be an asset (Forklift, Reach-truck, Order-picker, etc.)
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Detailed-oriented; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated to drive completion of tasks as quickly and accurately as possible
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
D38 – Packout
Last Date to Apply