Front Store Manager
- Job Description
- We’re looking for talent that is flexible to work at various locations within the Ottawa Valley.
What Is the Prescription For A Great Career?
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. Our hearts skip a beat when we meet talent who sees the bigger picture and wants to make an impact in our communities, our teams, and our business. This means finding even better ways to work, share ideas, and making a material difference in the Rexall journey.
We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 8600 Rexall team members. We are proud to be part of the McKesson family, ranked fifth in the fortune 500. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “ICARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
The Mission: Assistant Store Manager
The Front Store Manager is the catalyst in building an effective team to ensure the ongoing success of store operations. Acting as a leader in driving superior customer experience, that translates into an environment that ensures people make the healthiest choices quickly, easily and confidently, helping them feel better every day.
WORKING TO BUILD STORE OPERATIONS YOUR FOCUS WILL BE TO:
- Actively promote the Rexall image within the community by encouraging a positive profile through participation and leadership in community business groups as well as initiatives focusing on Health and Wellness.
- Demonstrate outstanding sales ability, leadership capabilities, and contributes to the overall store concept by bringing plenty of energy, enthusiasm, passion and strong communication skills as we strive to be recognized as the Canadian leader in pharmacy health care.
- Identify ways in which front shop and pharmacy programs intersect and ensure communication to maximize customer interface is smooth and seamless towards achieving exceptional customer service.
- Oversee human resource activities which include recruitment, training, certification, developing and motivating staff, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, and handling union issues where applicable.
- Champion and model the development of subject matter expertise at store level. Health and Wellness product knowledge, merchandising, loss prevention, Health and Safety and exceptional Pharmacy/Patient Care.
- Ensure that the store achieves and maintains budgeted sales, gross profit, EBITDA, inventory targets, labour costs, shrink, and controllable store expenses.
- Lead and inspire store staff-“hands-on” approach in identifying and responding to issues in a timely manner motivating employees to perform above expectations.
- Required Skills
- YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU POSSESS:
- College diploma in business or retail related field preferred
- 5-7 years retail sales experience
- Minimum 3 years management experience in the Retail Industry
- Strong financial acumen
- Proven superior customer service, people management and effective communication skills;
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to adapt to change
- The effective execution and implementation of strategic corporate initiatives and programs;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
The Rexall DNA:
- Ready to make an impact– You are mission-driven and want to make a difference
- Builds consensus– Your people-first mindset shows in all that you do
- Embraces change– You move fast and change excites you
- Drives achievement– You are wired to always exceed your personal best
- Overcomes adversity– You see the world as glass half full and embrace a good challenge
- Trail blazer– You love creating the path forward and being able to shape the future
- Fun– You think laughter is the best medicine and your positive energy is contagious
Side effects may include
- A closely connected culture
- Competitive compensation, pension, benefits, personal days, employee discounts, and vacation time
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Foundation
Are you #Allin ?
Rexall Pharmacy Group Canada Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.
- Job Location
- Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type