G2 Gas Technician / Electrical Apprentice Opportunity – Petawawa
Safeguard Electric is HIRING!
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a growing company? Are you a G2 Gas Technician with experience working in both the residential and commercial environments?
Responsibilities of the G2 Gas Technician
- service, repair, maintaining and installing a range of products including, furnaces, fireplaces, pool heaters and related gas burning products.
- work with the customer to explain the work that is needed and get approval to complete the repairs, then invoice the customer accurately and all in a professional manner.
- Complete all documentation, paper work and invoices in a legible and accurate way.
- Installation and/or service of various gas burning related products, including gas lines/piping, furnaces, fireplaces and pool heaters.
- Maintain a truck with an inventory of product parts, tool equipment and fittings in an organized manner.
- Troubleshoot and diagnosis problems in equipment operation and then complete the repairs.
- Part Time leading into Full Time
- Salary: Based on Experience
- Dynamic work environment
Qualifications and Skills Required
- G class drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- G2 or gas license
- Experience trouble shooting electronic equipment
- Speak English, Read English and Write English
- Effective oral & written communication skills both with coworkers and customers
- Capable of delivering a hi-level of customer satisfaction
- Physically capable of performing all work required, including some heavy lifting, bending/squatting/kneeling, working sometimes in inclement weather.
- Must be able to operate all the necessary tools and equipment related to installation and repair of gas burning equipment including electronic diagnostic tools.
- Must have a professional appearance and good customer service skills
If you, or anyone you know are interested, please do not hesitate to apply.
We appreciate all applications, however only those who meet the requirements of a G2 Gas Technician will be contacted.
Safeguard Electric is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Safeguard Electric is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advises us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Part-time
- Gas Tech: 2 years (Required)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Petawawa, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Required)