General Duty cleaners – May – September, 2018
GDI Services (Canada) LP – Petawawa, Ontario
With 23,000 trained employees with 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company from Vancouver to St.John’s we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
We are currently recruiting for the following opportunities at Garrison Petawawa, Ontario .
General Cleaners are generally responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the building in which they work by performing various cleaning duties including buffing. Duties may vary dependent upon the building requirements/Technical Specification. A General Duty cleaner may be responsible for any or all of the following areas as specified in the list below. Duties may also change throughout a cleaner’s employment depending on the suggested frequencies.
- Bleachers and walkways
- Sauna/Shower rooms
- Indoor drill halls
- Utility and linen rooms
- Lounges, kitchenettes, rest areas
- Medical/Treatment rooms
- Reception Areas
- Meeting, Training or computer rooms
- Recreation Areas
- Child care centers
- Vestibules, hallways and Entrance Areas
- Stairways and Elevators
- Locker/Change rooms
- Cleaning Supply Storage
* Periodic work, as specified under technical specifications by prototype, in each cleaning closet.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service focused and friendly.
- Able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs+.
- Flexible availability and able to follow directions.
A Criminal Background Check, fingerprints and reliability clearance is to be obtained by all potential successful candidates.
Various Shifts :
Monday to Friday – 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday – 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Salary – as per Current collective agreement
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection processs. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please contact GDI, Garrison Petawawa at 613-687-5511 x 2985 to obtain clearance forms and information regarding fingerprints and background checks.
Job Type: Temporary